Well, the live feed fell through, but we’ll be adding to this post as news comes in about Nintendo’s top products! Keep refreshing for updates!
- The New Zelda Title is to be named “The Skyward Sword”.
- The Game will largely focus on the Sword and Shield mechanics, using the Wii MotionPlus.
- The Items seen so far include, bombs, the slingshot, the bow and arrow, the whip, and finally, a new item, the “Beetle”.
- Bombs can be placed, thrown and rolled.
- The “Beetle” can be thrown around and flown in order to pick up items, etc.
- The Whip can be used to cut grass and stun enemies. It’s movement is very dependent on the player’s motions.
The demo is going to be on the show floor, where E3 attendees can play it. The game won’t be released in America until next year.
Other Nintendo games that were mentioned are:
- Mario Sports Mix
- Wii Party
- Just Dance 2
- Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
- 007 Goldeneye
- Disney: Epic Mickey
- Kirby’s Epic Yarn
- Dragon Quest IX:
- Metroid: Other M
- Donkey Kong Country Returns
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Nintendogs + Cats
- Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
- Resident Evil: Revelations
- Fling Smash
- Pokepark Wii: Pikachu’s Adventure
- Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong Mini-land Mayhem!
The Nintendo 3DS was just announced. The system will be fully 3D, and will not require any glasses! It will also have both a motion sensor, as well as a gyro sensor. It’s also going to allow you to take 3D photos, and has two camera lenses on the outer shell, as opposed to the DSi’s one. It will have support for 3D movies. Hello, homebrew! Train your own Dragon, Disney’s Tangled, as well as a few other movies have officially been announced for the 3DS.
Kid Icarus: Uprising appears to be one of the games that will be released along with the Nintendo 3DS. Nintendogs will also be making an appearance.
Some of the companies that plan on releasing third party games for the 3DS are Activision, THQ, Square Enix, Capcom, Warner Bros, EA, SEGA, Namco, Konami and several more.